ACE Recycling is an Arizona-based electronic recycling and repair company that sells laptops and other electronics as part of its commitment to a circular economy. Many electronics that come to ACE Recycling are still in working condition but are subject to corporate policies recommending technology replacement every 3-4 years or the desire for the latest device. These practices and the fast pace of technology are why electronic waste is the fastest-growing waste stream worldwide. However, as awareness of consumerism’s impact on the environment grows, attitudes toward purchasing are changing.
ACE Recycling acknowledges that not everyone has access to the latest technology, nor does everyone want it. ACE Recycling aims to provide sustainable and reliable technology options while addressing accessibility barriers and the environmental issues caused by non-biodegradable toxins and the manufacturing process of our technology.
At ACE Recycling, we have several goals:
- We want to be part of, and help you be part of, a circular economy because it is sustainable and economically viable. To this end, we want to prevent working, usable devices and their components from being discarded.
- We believe technology is a tool that should be accessible to all, but we understand that it is not.
- We want to ensure obsolete or unrepairable technology is recycled correctly, preventing environmental damage and reducing the need for mining materials.
ACE Recycling offers many services to keep electronics in use and out of our landfills. These services include selling pre-built, refurbished laptops, custom-building PCs or laptops to customers’ specifications, and upgrading existing devices.
In all cases, ACE Recycling can retrieve data from a hard drive and transfer it to your newly built or upgraded PC or laptop or a USB drive for long-term storage. A PC build with data retrieval costs typically under $200, while upgrading an existing PC or laptop with RAM, a hard drive, and Windows installation costs around $100.
Sustainable and Affordable
ACE Recycling believes in a circular economy and prioritizes reusing and reinventing items through upcycling, refurbishing, and upgrading to produce as little waste as possible. Recycling is a last resort. A circular economy relies on the idea that assets should maintain value throughout life. After a purchase is retired from its original owner, it still has value to another owner when properly refurbished and upgraded. If upgrading or refurbishing is not an option, recycling extracts valuable raw materials, such as gold or rare earth metals.
As a device progresses through the circle, its price is lowered at each stage, therefore getting more affordable at each step. ACE Recycling sees this process as an opportunity to provide our community with working technology at fair and attainable prices. A computer that may be $1,500.00 new is $350.00 refurbished by ACE Recycling. Consequently, refurbishing by ACE Recycling brings a new purpose to the device and a valuable tool to your life. Giving you access to school, work, and much more at a price that is within budget empowers you to do more.
Casting Your Vote
Ultimately, consumer choices drive manufacturing and production. If you buy it, they will make it. As a consumer, “Every dollar you spend or don’t spend is a vote you cast for the world you want” (L.N. Smith, Sunrise Over Disney). More and more individuals are owning their power as consumers and being intentional about where they spend their money. ACE Recycling provides an alternative to buying new electronics from big-box stores. As a small, family-run business, we offer person-to-person customer service and fair pricing. We aim to provide an economically smart and environmentally friendly option through the circular model.
Laptops for Sale at ACE Recycling
We know you need to trust us with a purchase like a laptop. For that reason, we aim to be as transparent as possible. ACE Recycling offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all purchases and is committed to providing excellent customer service. Customers can reach out for support via phone, email, or chat and will always speak to a real person. For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 623.907.5430. ACE Recycling prioritizes customer satisfaction and aims to provide a transparent and positive buying experience.
ACE Recycling offers multiple purchasing options, including an online store with shipping, in-store pick-up, and in-store browsing. The store is open Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM, and the staff is happy to assist you in choosing the best laptop for your needs.
Laptops for Sale by ACE Recycling
- are tested, and working units that function as a laptop should.
- have a fresh, activated Windows installation that is ready for you to customize.
- have no third-party software installed. The only installation is Windows and any needed drivers.
- come with a charger with the voltage and amperage recommended by the laptop manufacturer.
- have a tested, working hard drive and at least 8GB of RAM. The specifications for a particular laptop will be within the product description.
- are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- go through a 7-point inspection.
7-Point Laptop Inspection:
- Screen – All laptops have a working screen with no dead pixels or dark spots. Touch screen laptops have a functioning touch screen.
- Keyboard/Trackpad – All laptops have a functional keyboard and trackpad.
- Ports/CD-ROM – All laptops have functioning ports and CD-ROM (if applicable). The specific ports a computer has will be in the description.
- Wireless – All laptops have a functioning wireless card.
- Webcam/Speakers – All laptops have a working webcam and speakers.
- Battery Health – All laptops have a functioning battery. Please remember that the battery life mainly depends on the computer’s brand, model, and general use.
- Cosmetics – All laptops are graded from A-C based solely on cosmetics (how it looks). See below for details.
Laptop Cosmetic Grading Standards
Grading used electronics based on how they look is an industry-standard. However, there is no standard grading system within the industry. Customers can find the grading standards ACE Recycling uses below. Please note the grading system applies to cosmetics (how the laptop looks) only, NOT functionality. All laptops for sale are functional, regardless of grade, and any scratches or dents will not affect their performance.
ACE Recycling primarily receives professional business-grade laptops that are more durable and can endure heavy use. As a result, most of the laptops for sale by ACE Recycling are in ‘grade A’ condition. Consumer-grade laptops may have more wear and tear. The product description, pictures, and, subsequently, the price will reflect any cosmetic imperfections.
ACE Recycling’s Laptop Cosmetic Grading Standards
GRADE A – Grade A laptops show evidence of average previous use. Any wear of a grade A computer is associated with normal/regular use associated with a used laptop. Including minor scuffing and ‘shine’ on frequently used keys (i.e., home row, space bar, trackpad). A grade-A laptop will NOT feature deep scratches, chips, or dents.
GRADE B – Grade B laptops show evidence of heavier use. A grade B laptop may feature more excessive unit housing or external surface wear than Grade A units, including scratches on the lid and more severe wear on the keyboard/trackpad. Grade B units may have minor dents or paint chips on the top or body.
GRADE C – Grade C laptops show evidence of heavy use. A grade C laptop may feature excessive scratches, dents, or chips on the lid/body. A grade C laptop may have minor scratches on the screen that do not impede the ability to use it. Grade C laptops show heavy keyboard/trackpad use and may have missing lettering on the keyboard.
Return and Refund Policy
If for some reason, you are not completely satisfied with your ACE Recycling purchase, you have 30 days to return the product for a full refund. If there is a technical issue, we will look at it and repair it without cost or find you an equivalent replacement. This rarely happens, but when it does, we make it right.
Completing the Circle
ACE Recycling encourages customers to add their purchases to the circular economy when they are no longer needed. This can be done through reinvention, upgrading, donating, or recycling. Donating unwanted laptops to non-profits is a great option. ACE Recycling works with several organizations that would benefit greatly. Thank you for participating in the circular economy and trusting ACE Recycling.